Wood-n-Tap, Que Restaurants To Suspend Operations For Remainder of Coronavirus Ban
Citing the continuing spread of the Coronavirus and mounting concerns about the safety of staff and guests, Hartford Restaurant Group announced Thursday it is immediately suspending operations at all nine of its Wood-n-Tap restaurants and Que Whiskey Kitchen until the state deems it is safe for restaurant and bar businesses to fully reopen.
“We are closing because this virus is getting closer and closer to home,” said Phil Barnett, co-owner and co-founder of Hartford Restaurant Group. “Since the closing of in-house dining and bar service began earlier this week, we have become increasingly worried about the safety of our staff and guests, even as we limited service to the allowed pick-up and delivery business,” Barnett said. “We think it’s best to follow the CDC quarantine directives, completely shut down and not reopen until the state gives our industry the ‘all clear.’”
Barnett said that while his restaurants were doing okay with gift card sales and escalating pick-up and delivery service , it was decided that any gain was not work the risk.
“We are a business well-known for the past 18 years that thrives on good food and drink and an environment that embraces and encourages socializing, and a spontaneous informality,” said Barnett. “To do anything less just doesn’t feel right and with that, and more importantly, the gravity of the virus crisis, we decided temporarily closing until it is safe for everyone makes better sense.”